Sunday, July 29, 2007

Dale Jarrett In The TV Booth?

It seems more commonplace that you see Dale Jarrett in the TV booth as a commentator than you do in the UPS sponsored Toyota. It didn't seem like a good idea to me when Mikey Waltrip signed him to a two year contract to drive his second car. Then again, it didn't seem to be a good idea for Toyota to form two new teams. But I have to say that Dale does a great job as a commentator, much better than Rusty Wallace, Andy Petrie or Tim Brewer. Boy do I miss Benny Parsons!

Since it is obvious Dale is way past his prime as a racer, this would be a good time for him to follow in his fathers footsteps and go full time into TV land. He is an articulate and knowledgeable commentator who will bring credibility to a broadcast. He would more than offset the below par people ESPN currently have. If I have to hear Rusty say "Hot Rod" one more time I think I'll have to turn the sound off. But seriously, like many great baseball players who left the game too late, it's time for Dale to step into his new career and say good bye to "The Truck".

No comments: