Saturday, November 24, 2007

Winter Racing Blues

Winter Racing

OK, now that all the major racing series have ended for 2007, what is a race fan to do until late January of 2008? Do we have to subject ourselves to endless rerun shows of "Pinks" and "Unique Whips" on Speed TV? I remember a few years back when ESPN would rerun some classic F1 and Daytona 500 races. It was just what the Doctor ordered for those mid-winter slumps that all of us race fans go through.

I equate it to being starved for your favorite food for eight weeks. And also being an avid baseball fan makes it a double whammy effect because each season ends at the same time and it becomes a real hangover effect. But what I miss the most is the discussion of the races and all the elements that comprise a single race and ultimately a racing season. Rooting for your favorite drivers and teams, gloating when they win and complaining when they don't.

So please, if the racing Gods are listening and the good people at Speed TV and ESPN are, please fill my winter with some races from the past. Make this winter the one that I remember and gets my juices going for another full racing season in 2008. Thankfully next year we won't have to listen to Rust Wallace announce anymore! Did they get rid of Andy Petrie too? All in all, I can't wait for the 24 hours of Daytona and the sweet sound of a gasoline driven engine at 200 MPH!

Winter Racing

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is when we resort to football

Anonymous said...

I feel the need for speed too man!!!!!!!!!!!!