Sunday, April 15, 2007

Formula 1 In Bahrain

Well this is my first entry into the blog and I will start with the race this morning from Bahrain. Predictably the Ferrari's and McClaren's were at the front and it was not surprising that Massa won the race or that Hamilton finished second. What was a surprise is that Nick Heidfeld in the BMW finished in front of Alonso and did so by actually passing him on the track? Did you ever think you would see that happen?

As in most F1 races it is won or lost at the first turn on the first lap. When Massa got to the corner clean and did not have any problems with the car or with his pit stops than he was a shoe in to win. What also impressed me was the performance of Lewis Hamilton in only his third race. I know he is in a good car but last year McClaren was lost and to be so young and perform so well is quite an accomplishment. I would have liked to see more of a fight from Kimi Rikkonen as I am a big fan of his and would like to see him win the championship this year. He would have won it in 2005 if the McClaren had been more reliable because he was the fastest on the grid.

Well done for Heidfeld in the BMW as I think they could be last year's Honda and show tremendous gains. It showed me alot when he pasted Alonso and fought him off at the end to gain a great 4th place. Also some good racing from 5th place to 12th as the usual suspects where fighting for position. Maybe a little more tomorrow as I have to get ready for the NASCAR race from Texas and Champ Car in Long Beach. Oh yeah, I did see the ALMS race last night and couldn't believe the Acura of Andretti/Green didn't pit under yellow and lost the race. Let me know what you think.

No comments: