Sunday, May 20, 2007

All Star Mayhem

Well another all star race is in the books and I am very glad that Kevin Harvick came out in front, just to show that someone else other than Jimmy Johnson can win in Charlotte. But I had to smile when I saw Kurt Busch take out his baby brother Kyle in what proved to be the highlight of the night. It was clear to me that Kyle had the pass made and Kurt should have given him more room instead of coming back down on him to cause him to spin and take both of them out.

It would have been a different story if it was the last few laps of the final segment but it was early on in the third when they decided to be stupid. Don't get me wrong, I don't care for either one of the Busch brothers, but all the commentators were quick to blame Kyle when I feel that Kurt could have showed him more respect and more racetrack. The type of event it is breeds over aggressive driving but the drivers who actually show more patients wind up in the winners circle. So keep on taking each other out Kurt and Kyle and you will have alot of fans cheering for the eventual outcome.