Tuesday, May 8, 2007

COT In Richmond

Well the fourth COT race in Richmond gave a very predictable result, another win for Hendrick Motor Sports. Once again the cream rises to the top as Jimmy Johnson shows why he has one of the best teams in Nextel Cup. But my questions is why does NASCAR have to mess around with a wining formula? Why have they put the teams that provide the entertainment for race fans in a position of developing two cars for not one but two race seasons?

It seems to me that most of the team owners and drivers are not critical enough of the decisions that shape their future. When you have the stars of the sport like Dale Jr expressing their complaints about a car they can't drive or adjust, does it actually get any attention from the France family? Once again, I am still trying to remember the reason for making the change to this ugly beast. Anyway, congrats to Jimmy J and the Lowes team for another victory, but I hope that other teams can figure things out an give Hendrick a run for their money. Things tend to get very boring when one team starts to win all the races. Who will step up? Let me know what you think.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree that all the big teams will always be on top. I would really like to see a surprise winner once in a while, but I don't think it will happen.....